Get that midweek well being kick with out spending a fortune by making this faff-free seafood salad that’s extremely nutritious – and served up in a flash.
While you’re brief on time however in search of one thing wholesome and engaging, one-bowl meals like this are the easy alternative and an ideal technique to embrace higher residing.
Don’t be tempted to skip the step of massaging the kale – it solely takes a few minutes and actually helps tenderise these nutrient-rich inexperienced leaves.
For these of you eager to check out some extra tasty dishes that received’t break the financial institution, then try our different Cooking on a Funds recipes right here.
From tuna quesadillas that can add vibrancy to your eating regimen to a vegetarian minestrone verde soup that ensures you profit from your leftovers, there are loads to swimsuit all tastes.
Tuna superfood salad
- 250g bag of complete leaf kale, rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pinch of flaky sea salt
- 250g pack of ready-to-eat quinoa
- ¼ purple onion, diced
- 250g pack of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cans tuna in spring water, drained
- 50g toasted seeds e.g. sunflower, pumpkin
- Put together the kale by eradicating the centre stems from the leaves.
- Add the leaves to a big salad bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil, half the lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Therapeutic massage the kale leaves along with your arms for a few minutes.
- Gently fold within the quinoa, onion and tomatoes earlier than topping with the tuna and toasted seeds.
- End with the remaining lemon juice and olive oil.
For extra finances cooking recipes…
Already a subscriber? Sign up
[A seafood salad that’s highly nutritious and simple to make]