The decision: The 2021 Audi Q5 Sportback takes the luxurious compact SUV and provides coupelike styling to its rear finish. Automobile seat match is great within the Q5 Sportback, making it a very good choice for households who need one thing that stands out from the crowded compact SUV subject.
Does it match three automotive seats? No
Check out how the Latch system and every automotive seat scored under in our Automobile Seat Examine of the 2021 Audi Q5 Sportback.
Associated: Search Automobile Seat Checks
- Latch: The Q5 Sportback has two units of decrease Latch anchors within the outer rear seats. The decrease anchors are straightforward to search out below detachable plastic covers and are straightforward to make use of. Three high tether anchors sit towards the bottom of the seatback. They’re nicely marked and simple to make use of.
- Toddler seat: Our toddler seat put in simply because of the easy-access Latch anchors. We needed to transfer the entrance passenger seat ahead about an inch to suit the automotive seat. That left our 5-foot-7 tester with simply sufficient legroom to sit down comfortably.
- Rear-facing convertible: To suit this rear-facing automotive seat within the Q5 Sportback, our tester needed to alter the entrance passenger seat ahead about an inch — mainly, the identical setup as with the toddler seat and with the identical ensuing legroom.
- Ahead-facing convertible: The forward-facing convertible additionally put in simply with no points connecting to the decrease Latch anchors or the highest tether anchor, although we wanted to boost the top restraint to get a very good connection. To boost the top restraint, push the button on the important thing fob to tug out the emergency key. Subsequent, push the button on one facet of the top restraint submit and push the emergency key into the slot on the opposite facet of the top restraint’s base.
- Booster: Our high-back booster seat match nicely. The seat belt buckle folds into the seat cushion, however the buckle could be simply raised up and stays in place.
A: Loads of room for the automotive seat and the kid; doesn’t affect driver or front-passenger legroom. Straightforward to search out and connect with Latch and tether anchors. No match points involving head restraint or seat contouring. Easy accessibility to the third row.
B: One room, match or connection concern. Some issues accessing the third row when obtainable.
C: Marginal room plus one match or connection concern. Tough to entry the third row when obtainable.
D: Inadequate room, plus a number of match or connection points.
F: Doesn’t match or is unsafe.
About Automobiles.com’s Automobile Seat Checks
Editors Jennifer Geiger and Jennifer Newman are licensed youngster security seat set up technicians.
For the Automobile Seat Examine, we use a Chicco KeyFit 30 infant-safety seat, a Graco Contender 65 convertible seat and Graco TurboBooster seat. The entrance seats are adjusted for a 6-foot driver and a shorter passenger. The three youngster seats are put in within the second row. The booster seat sits behind the motive force’s seat, and the toddler and convertible seats are put in behind the entrance passenger seat.
We additionally set up the forward-facing convertible within the second row’s center seat with the booster and toddler seat within the outboard seats to see if three automotive seats will match; a baby sitting within the booster seat should have the ability to attain the seat belt buckle. If there’s a 3rd row, we set up the booster seat and a forward-facing convertible. Be taught extra about how we conduct our Automobile Seat Checks.
Dad and mom must also do not forget that they’ll use the Latch system or a seat belt to put in a automotive seat, and that Latch anchors have a weight restrict of 65 kilos, together with the load of the kid and the load of the seat itself.
Automobiles.com’s Editorial division is your supply for automotive information and critiques. In keeping with Automobiles.com’s long-standing ethics coverage, editors and reviewers don’t settle for presents or free journeys from automakers. The Editorial division is unbiased of Automobiles.com’s promoting, gross sales and sponsored content material departments.