The brand new automotive will share area with my Skoda Octavia, whereas my second automotive, the Tata Tiago might be bought off.
BHPian the horse lately shared this with different fans.
Whats up Bhpians,
I would like your assist in finalizing and shortlisting the 2 or probably THE one among the many contenders.
I’ve been longing to get a German/European luxurious model for nearly 5 years now. My final buy was a European automotive however not solely the marquee league. I purchased a Skoda Octavia 1.8TSI L&Ok 2019, the final of its type earlier than BSVI kicked in on the expense of 3GT at the moment since 3GT was much less sensible with no boot area in any respect & it could have made me purchase two automobiles since 3GT was not appropriate for lengthy runs & airport drives.
My present storage is an Octavia 1.8TSI & a Tata Tiago XZA. The Octavia is the day by day drive and has accomplished 40K km in 2 years whereas the Tiago does the minor tight area market runs and occasional metropolis runs and solely pushed by my spouse have accomplished 18K km in 5.5yrs
The brand new drive would have mixed-use and I might cut up the miles between the Octavia & the brand new buy and would promote the Tiago off.
- Have to be an SUV
- Have to be a Petrol
- Would want to retain this for 8-10 years so a low price of possession can also be fascinating. In contrast to a lot of horror possession tales of Octavia, in its 40K km it has not confronted any main problem and I’ve not spent a single penny aside from the upkeep bundle I purchased on the time of buy (No tires, battery, wipers, brake pads and so on. changed until date)
- Based mostly out of Gurgaon, so any suggestions on native dealership expertise would additionally assist
- Appears & street presence issues rather a lot
- Self-drive, a small household of three, so not too involved about again seat consolation
- ICE–>Have to be smashing & high of the league. I really like the Canton within the Octavia and it’s a non-negotiable merchandise. So just about guidelines out the entry/base mannequin of all contenders.
- Ventilated seats–>Good to have
- Max funds is 70L on-road
New Audi Q5:
- Sensible, however I’m afraid it could be too much like drive just like the Octavia contemplating the household lineage
- Lacks street presence & oomph issue
- Additionally I hope the service and reliability can be at par with Octavia
- Most cost-effective of all but in addition probably the most dated with none 4WD
- Down on options, seems to be excellent however it’s nearing an replace and do not need to be caught with the older era for the following 8-10 years
- Completely ticks all of the packing containers, beauty, feature-loaded
- Undecided about service expertise & badge worth?
Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Vary Rover pedigree, completely love the street presence & new replace is feature-loaded too
- Undecided concerning the reliability & if it may well maintain 8-10 years of hassle-free possession
- Lack of service packages, guarantee whereas friends do provide a great number of service & guarantee packages
This is what BHPian Hayek needed to say on the matter:
Would decide the X3 from this lot. Why?
The Q5 could also be a comparatively new mannequin however feels an excessive amount of like a VW or Skoda to drive (spent 1000+ km with one in Australia a couple of years in the past). Why pay that a lot further for 4 rings?
The Discovery Sport is getting actually outdated (IIRC, the present model was launched even earlier than the GLC), and has an excessive amount of physique roll. It’s most likely probably the most SUVish of the lot – which is an obstacle for me.
The GLC was nice if you had the GLC300 however Mercedes downgraded the Petrol to the GLC200 – which places it at a 50 BHP drawback to the remaining.
I believe the Volvo is one of the best trying automotive within the section – and would give the X3 a troublesome battle. However at the very least I’m reluctant to offer my cash to the Chinese language when I’ve comparable options accessible. If the Volvo had been materially higher than the X3, I might have picked it. When you may argue the X3 is healthier, why go for it?
Therefore you’re left with the X3. The most effective time to purchase it could have been pre-facelift – since you get insane reductions. However guess in at this time’s chip scarcity world, reductions can be onerous to get – and choosing the facelift which might be present at the very least for 4 extra years makes quite a lot of sense. While you ask contemplating that BMW’s service packages are finest within the section, it makes it an actual no brainer.
This is what BHPian kartavya needed to say on the matter:
I would not fear concerning the service at Volvo. I personal a BMW and Volvo and the service in Ahmedabad on the Volvo centre is leagues forward of that of BMW.
After all, you would possibly find yourself having a nasty expertise sooner or later, but when it is much like the Ahmedabad service centre, I might really depend it as a optimistic moderately than a con. Whereas Europe would not put it in the identical bracket because the BMW/Audi/Mercedes league, in India Volvo does have badge worth much like them. I might nonetheless say it is Mercedes, Jaguar and BMW which command the best badge worth.
Personally, I discover the Land Rover/Vary Rover merchandise a bit overpriced (Discovery Sport undoubtedly). I do not just like the facelifted Q5 (appears a era outdated in interiors and exteriors). I might undoubtedly get one of many XC60/X3 relying on whichever you favor.
This is what BHPian bhushan08 needed to say on the matter:
I took an extended take a look at drive of XC60. It was on the same old potholes and a few straight strains. The automotive ticks all the best packing containers. The rider was clean, driving in peak site visitors was simple and sufficient energy to speed up when wanted. The suspension was adequate. It dealt with all the potholes with ease.
The one hole I felt was the lag in energy / decide up when the automotive slows down and one tries sudden acceleration e.g. at pace breakers.
Planning Q5 take a look at drive quickly.
X3 – no take a look at automobiles accessible, nothing on the inventory. BMW sellers are snooty sufficient to not reply questions on when it can occur When requested, they advised that I ebook the X3 and they’re going to get me the automotive someday subsequent 12 months. That too with no take a look at drive. I stated how are you going to count on a buyer to purchase with out even a take a look at drive? To this, he had no reply however to make me really feel like an fool asking this to him. In spite of everything, they’re BWM Which is in sharp distinction to the Volvo guys who’re immediate and courteous.
I do know this can be a one-off. So must anticipate the brand new ‘facelift’.
This is what BHPian CosmicWizard needed to say on the matter:
A bit disclaimer first: Being an X3 proprietor, take into account me somewhat biased Earlier than my buy, I did try the 22 facelifts that acquired launched in US markets already and all it has is minor beauty modifications so a real next-gen replace is a minimal of a 12 months away. You possibly can test the facelift specs on edmunds.com
One phrase on options: IMHO, most touted ones are hardly ever or by no means get used. I’ve had my X3 for greater than 2 months now. Not often used: sunroof, seat reminiscence, all these atmosphere colors, rain sensor, voice management. By no means used: paddle shifters, cruise management, built-in navigation, that fancy auto parking assistant and so on
Take a look at BHPian feedback for extra insights and knowledge.